Diablo 2 is a fantasy/horror role-playing game made by Blizzard Entertainment, the creator of critically-acclaimed games World of WarCraft and StarCraft. In Diablo 2, players assume the role of heroes and travel from continent to continent, fighting demons and monsters bent on world destruction.
The player gets to choose between five character classes in Diablo 2 and seven character classes in Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction expansion set. The original five character classes are Amazon, Necromancer, Barbarian, Sorceress and Paladin. The two additional characters are the Assassin and Druid.
Each character has different beginning abilities and sets of skills, with a character’s maximum level set at 99. The characters also have different strengths and weaknesses. The Amazon primarily uses bows, javelins and spears, but she can also use magic. The Necromancer is a master spell caster. Necromancers can raise skeletons and resurrect dead monsters to fight on his side.
The Barbarian is a melee fighter and a master at frontline combat. He is the only character class with dual-wielding weapons. Many of his combat skills deliver great force on a single foe. The Sorceress is another master spell caster who can cast ice, lightning and fire spells. These spells are almost entirely offensive. The Paladin has a combination of combat skills and defensive and offensive auras. The Paladin is the only character who can use the shield as a weapon.
The two additional characters in Diablo 2 no cd Lord of Destruction expansion are the Assassin and the Druid. The Assassin is an expert in martial arts and trap laying. She can also open locked chests without using keys. Finally, the Druid is a master shape shifter and nature spell caster. He is the only character who can assume an animal shape (Werewolf or Werebear).
Diablo 2 No CD – How to Play Diablo 2 Without A CD
Released more than a decade ago, Diablo 2 is still played by millions of people all over the world. Diablo 2 came from the days when games required you to use an installation CD while playing even when the program was installed on your computer. This can be a pain, but Blizzard released the 1.12 Diablo 2 no cd patch so you can play without a CD.
Those who purchased the disc version of Diablo 2 can still play even if the actual game CD has been damaged or lost. Simply create an account on Battle.net and register your game copy. You can then download Diablo 2 no cd and install it on your computer, provided you enter the 16-character code printed on the CD case.
These instructions are for users who purchased Diablo 2 as a physical CD. To get this to work, you must have Diablo 2 installed on your computer. You also need the CD to copy certain files to your computer or get a copy of the game from Diablo 2 download.
1. Install Diablo 2 on your computer using your CD. You can do a partial or full install or a single player only installation. Go to the Blizzard website under Diablo 2 and download patch 1.12. Make sure you have patch 1.12; otherwise you won’t be able play Diablo 2 no cd version.
2. Double click on patch 1.12 file to install and extract its contents. Make sure the installation path is the Diablo 2 game folder. Insert the Diablo 2 installation CD. Right click and choose “Explore” to open. This will show all files, including MPQ files. Drag and drop all MPQ files from the CD into the Diablo 2 directory in your computer. Next, insert the Diablo 2 play CD and repeat the process.
3. If you selected a full install earlier, you only need to copy D2Music.MPQ from the play CD. After copying all MPQ files, you can now play Diablo 2 no cd version.
Diablo 2 No CD – Another Option
An alternative is to register your Diablo 2 CD game on Battle.net and then download the digital version on your computer from Diablo 2 LoD Download. Here’s how to do it:
2. Go back to Battle.net and log into your account. Go to “Account Management” section and click “Add a New Game.” Enter your CD key in the “Game Key” box.
3. Under “Account Management,” click on Diablo 2. Select either the “Download PC Client” or “Download Mac Client.” This will allow the “Blizzard Downloader” program to install Diablo 2.
4. Open Blizzard Downloader to install Diablo 2 on your computer. Once download is complete, open the game and select the installation option suited to your computer. When you’re finished, you can now play Diablo 2 no cd version.